- Ben and Me
- Ralph the Motorcycle Mouse
- Voyage of the Dawn Treader
- Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH
- Blood Bowl
- The Nutcracker
- Skavenslayer: Gotrek & Felix 2
- Tesso the Iron Rat (also here and here)
- Swords of Lankhmar
- It Was a Mutual Decision
- The Nezumi (Magic the Gathering, Kamigawa)
- Naked Mole Rats
Ray's Blood Rats
Blood Rats live in colonies ruled by a queen, who mercilessly guards her position against rival females. While all individuals are vampiric, the queen can transform the blood of victims into a wildly intoxicating drug with her catalytic saliva. This triggers an insane orgy that is part feeding frenzy and part breeding ritual. Typical workers are pale creatures, with veins visible through their skin. They wear no clothes, but sometimes have bags slung over a should and they will wear tinted goggles if going into lighted areas.
Tags: horde, small, devious, organized, intelligent, burrowing.
Instinct: to bring captives to the queen for a blood orgy
- Play dead (low metabolic rate)
- Shrug off disease & poison (resistant to cancer, oxygen dep.)
- Spread disease, intentionally or otherwise
- Dig their way out
Stats: Fangs or digging claws (d6, hand, 2 piercing, vampiric bite), Armor 0, HP 5.
On a successful bite, the victim is drained of some blood and gets the Shaky (DEX) and Sick (CON) disabilities. Lasts until you rest and eat/drink.
Logan's King of the Cheapside
The King of Cheapside is a three-headed were-rat who is tall enough to loom menacingly over most humans. From the back alleys of the dirtiest neighborhoods to the Queen’s own inner circle, the lord of lopsided deals pulls the strings. He doesn't let enemies engage him directly, relying on his rat-ogre bodyguards for protection. If he does have to fight, he's very skilled with his rapier and will fight dirty as opportunities allow. He wears a mail shirt under his doublet and always carries vials of noxious gas in case he needs to escape.
Tags: Solitary, Stealthy, Intelligent, Hoarder
Instinct: Rise ever higher while remaining just out of reach of justice
- Disarm them with a swipe of his tale
- Smash open a vial that makes the party expel the contents of their stomachs and swipe at their burning eyes
- Create a diversion, attack, and cast an insult all at once
Stats: Rapier (b[2d10+2] damage, 2 piercing, close), 12 HP, 4 armor